Specialized Physical Therapy – In a Specialized Environment – Achieving Measurable Results
At Stone Springs Family Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that no matter your lifestyle, activity, or sport, if you’re having pain then we can provide the physical therapy treatment you need to get back on track and keep you active. We pride ourselves on being able to provide better outcomes for our patients.
Our staff features highly skilled and experienced physical therapists with specialized training in the treatment of a wide range of orthopaedic conditions. Our goal is to provide you patient satisfaction by delivering the best physical therapy care with superior customer service.
Physical Therapy On-Site at Stone Springs Family Medicine
Stone Springs Family Medicine has chosen to provide therapy on-site because our physicians feel your therapy experience is absolutely critical to your recovery from injury or surgery. Through ongoing and immediate access to your physician and his/her staff, our therapists are able to seek direct counsel as well as report progress through face-to-face communication.
Your quality of care and outcomes are improved, as no other physical therapist will know your physician’s goals, timelines, and protocols better than our Stone Springs Family Medicine therapists. The result for you is a customized, personal therapy program tailored specifically to your needs, all in a specialized environment.
Services & Specialty Programs
- Ankle Sprains
- Arthritis Management
- Back & Neck Pain Stabilization
- Knee Pain
- Manual Therapy
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Posture & Body Mechanics
- Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Shoulder Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Sportsmetrics – ACL injury prevention program
Your therapy appointments are critical to your progress and recovery, so it is imperative that you make every effort to attend all your scheduled sessions. If you are unable to make your appointment, we require that you call at least 24 hours in advance.
Our therapists typically have full schedules, and tardiness has a negative impact on your therapist’s scheduled, as well as treatment times of other patients. We appreciate your consideration and understanding to keep timely appointments.
To reach our Physical Therapy department, please call.
What to Expect During your Visit
- Remember to wear comfortable clothes and you are welcome to bring clothing to change into.
- During your initial evaluation, your therapist will develop a treatment program that will address areas for improvement: strength, posture, flexibility, neurological status, joint motion, and functional limitation with activities.
- Physical therapy treatment may include the use of manual therapy techniques and exercises. Therapeutic modalities may be used to decrease swelling, decrease pain, and/or soothe injured muscles.
- Your therapist will also prescribe a home exercise program to supplement your physical therapy. To maximize your outcomes, it is critical that you complete the exercise program prescribed by your physical therapist.
As a valued patient of Stone Springs Family Medicine Physical Therapy, you are responsible for the following:
- Keeping your therapy appointment and arriving at your appointment on time
- Any required deductibles or co-pays
- Turning off cell phones during your visit; should you require to be in contact with your cell phone, please place on vibrate or silent
- Due to the need to protect the privacy of all our patients, family members must remain in the waiting room area unless your therapist requests their presence or assistance
- Children under the age of 12 should not be left unattended in our waiting area
Meet our Therapists
Andrew Mazur, PT, DPT, CSCS
Andrew is originally from Niagara Falls, New York. He graduated in 1986 from Saint Bonaventure University with a BA in Social Science. He received his Bachelor in Physical Therapy from the University of New Mexico in 1999 and his Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Shenandoah University in Winchester, Virginia in 2011. He has been a licensed physical therapist since 1999 and has practiced in a variety of settings including inpatient acute care, schools, home health, and wound care. He has spent the majority of his physical therapy career working in outpatient orthopedic and sports physical therapy.
Andrew is continually looking to expand his knowledge base with collegiate course work and continuing education courses that focus on orthopedic and sports physical therapy. His special areas of emphasis include back rehab, shoulder rehab, and sports injuries. He is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association’s orthopedic and sports sections. Andrew is also a Certified Strengthening and Conditioning Specialist and a member of the National Strengthening and Conditioning Association. He is certified in aquatic therapy and is a certified facial movement taping practitioner.
A former Army officer, Andrew enjoys being outdoors. He has competed in triathlons of every length including ironman distance and has run several marathons including the JFK 50-miler in Maryland. After many years of training and competing in taekwondo, Andrew earned a 3rd-degree black belt and an instructor certification from the International Taekwondo Alliance. His present passion is long distance cycling and helping patients achieve their therapy goals.
Stone Springs Family Medicine Physical Therapy facility is owned by the physician practice. Your physical therapy referral does not restrict you to therapy services in our facility. Instead, you may elect to receive care at an alternative therapy clinic of your choice. Choosing an alternative therapy provider and location has no bearing on the quality of medical care that you receive at Stone Springs Family Medicine.